DIY Canteen “Journey off the Map”
What you Need:
– Cookie Tin
– Brown spray paint
– Small Water bottle – filled
– Drill or box cutter
– Duck Tape
– Leather strap or Duck Tape/Ribbon
– Glue Gun
How to Make:
1. Clean out your cookie tin very well. I got a dozen from a yard sale that they had been stored in a shed for atleast a year maybe more. I used vinegar and baking soda to clean out.
2. Trace the circle of the cap of the bottle on the side you decide to be the top. Use a Utility knife or drill to cut your circle.
3. Lay down either plastic or newspaper and slowly spray pint your tin. Make sure to follow the direction provided on the spray can. Let it air dry fully. And yes please do this outside on a non windy day.
4. Once the tin is completely dry you will want to line the inside with paper. I have tons of scrapbooking paper so I used a cool design and traced two circles to place inside. I used a glue stick to secure them. Cut strip to line the inner sides and glued them down.
5. Insert your water bottle from the inside of the canteen. Take a glue gun and secure around the neck of the bottle so it will not move.
6. Tape your strap on the side of your canteen. I used a thin utility string so I poked hole using a nail and inserted the string and tied a knot and tape them down.
7. Print out the Journey off the Map logo and cut to desired size and glue on the front of the canteen.
That is it! You re done!
Topic: DIY Canteen