Dr. Seuss Hat Pinata Tutorial
Do you love reading? Are you looking for ideas on how to get kids excited about reading? Look no further because everyone loves Pinatas. Dr. Suess Birthday is coming up. Get your young reader excited with celebrating reading.
Looking for other ideas on how to celebrate Dr. Seuss check out these awesome Dr. Seuss cupcakes by Madame Deals.
Don’t forget to get into the spirit and celebrate by picking up a Dr. Seuss book or two. Most of ours came from Thrift Shops or yard sales. Give the gift of reading. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Let your kids see you read.
What you Need:
– Cardboard (Christmas Gift boxes)
– White Tissue paper
– Red Streamers
How to Make:
1. Prepare your box to make into a cylinder.
2. First you will need to take one half of a box and tape the ends making a cylinder. Yes I am using Georgia Bulldogs duck tape. It was a gift and I am using it! I know I should be making something really cool out of it but how I see it I am making something out of it that I enjoy making.
3. Prepare the bungee loop for the top. Take a piece of cardboard and poke a hole in the middle. Push through the bungee loop in the hole. Secure with duck tape. This will help keep the top strong and lasting while your pinata celebration is going on.
4. Tape the bungee to the inside of the top of the hat.
5. Tape the bottom shut. Tape the top almost shut except an entry way to place in the pinata goodies. Cut the round hat rim.
6. Wrap your hat with White tissue paper for both the top of the hat and the hat rim and attach together.
7. Take red streamer and start wrapping around the rim of the pinata, again at the top and then the middle of the hat. Make sure to cover the top of the hat leaving the open flap open. You can cover the flap separately and close shut at a later time.
That is it! You are done!