So I don’t pretend to be the best cook because I am not!
But I do know how to make me some yummy Enchiladas!
Homemade Enchiladas (Moms Saving Money Style)
Cook Time: 15 min or until cheese is melted or tortillas are crispy to your liking.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
What you Need:
– 1 lb. Hamburger Meat
– Corn Tortillas
– 1 Bag of Cheese (I use Kraft Mexican Style)
– Old El Paso Enchilada Seasoning pack
– 1 8 oz. Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
– 1-2 cuts of water
How to Make:
1. Cook your Hamburger meet to brown. Drain.
2. Add Enchilada Seasoning mix and tomato sauce and 1 cup of water. Mix well. Add additional water as needed.
3. Take your Corn tortillas one at a time and place on top of meat and seasoning mix. This warms the tortilla and allows for them to soften and soak up the enchilada seasoning.
4. Once a tortilla is warmed add to baking dish and as a scoop of meet. Add as much as you wish just be sure if can do a crisscross closure. Continue this until the dish is full. I normally put 6 across and 2 below facing the side direction, this equals 8 per dish.
5. Lastly add the the bag of cheese and any remaining meat and seasoning to top.
6. Cover with Aluminum foil and place in the oven.
7. After 15 mins. take a look it should be done. Bake longer if desired.
* I typically add cheese to the middle of each enchilada before closing. I love my enchiladas cheesy. I also add some lemon or lime juice to each as I am placing the meat in the tortilla. That is just my preference!
So there you have it my version of Homemade Enchiladas. Now my sister makes her own Enchilada Mix and although she has taught me several times I always forget but it is easier for me to use a packet! So as you can see I just use the instructions almost on the packet but I add my own touch!
If you like this please “Pin It” so I know to share more of my own versions of food!