How to Make a Spider-Man Piñata
Not the traditional First Birthday Party but the most memorable one for me! My hubby is a Huge Spiderman 99 Comic Book Fan so I thought this would make the perfect theme for our first born child.
As you may have realized we made a huge party of all kinds of Spider-man simple DIY decorations. Make sure to make a visit to your nearest Dollar Tree, the other day I saw partyware including a Spiderman Mylar balloon.
Photo Credit: BargianswithBrittanie.com
Check out the Spider-man Party Decorations by clicking on the link below.
What you Need:
– Cardboard box/Large balloon
– Tissue Paper (red, black, white)
– Bungy Cord
– Packaging Tape or Duck Tape
– Warm Water
– 2 inch strips of paper preferably notebook paper or newspaper
– Candy and piñata fillings (be creative and have items that connect to the theme)
How to Make:
1. First take your balloon and air it up to the desired size. Tie it off.
2. Take your paper and shred into 2 inch strips if not already done.
3. Make a paste of flour and warm water.
4. Carefully take a strip of paper and dip into paste, add it to the balloon. Cover the entire balloon in one layer.
5. let it sit and dry you can use a hair dryer on a lower setting to dry faster. Depending on how wet the paste is the longer it takes to dry.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until ballon is covered and dry with desired amount of layers. Easy to break piñatas 4-5 layers, harder to break 10 layers.
7. Once the piñata is very dry you can pop the balloon inside if it has not already popped. Cut out a 4 inch by 4 inch area on 3 side to allow it to flap open, this is the entry way for the candy.
8. Reinforce handle (bungy cord) with cardboard and tape. Create a hole at the top of the piñata for the handle just enough the bungy cord can fit thru. Secure with tape.
9. Now the fun part! Time to decorate! First draw on the piñata your pattern to follow. Cut tissue paper in small squares about 2 inches by 2 inches.
10. Use the pencil, eraser side and place in the middle of a tissue paper. Dip in a glob of glue and place on the piñata in the desired area according to your pattern. Do this for entire piñata.
11. Before securing the open flap be sure to place your piñata candy and party filling favors. Secure the open flap with tape and then cover with tissue paper.
Congrats, You Did It!
Don’t forget to check out other Spiderman Birthday party decoration ideas you can make yourself from products at Dollar Tree.
Check out these other Pinata Tutorials
Topic: How to Make a Spider-Man Piñata