How to Make a Transformers Piñata
Are you an Autobot or a Decepticon Fan? No Matter which you like best we all like to take a swing at pinatas, even if they are Transformers in disguise!
What you Need:
– Cardboard box/Large balloon
– Tissue Paper (red, black, white)
– Bungy Cord
– Packaging Tape or Duck Tape
– Candy and piñata fillings (be creative and have items that connect to the theme)
How to Make:
1. First take your cardboard box and cut your pattern of the Autobot Transformers sybol. I made the same pattern for both front and back and decided on a 4 inch width for the sides.
2. Take your duck tape and tape the sides to both the front and back until all is covered and taped together.
3. Cut out a 4 inch by 4 inch area on 3 sides (on the side width) to allow it to flap open, this is the entry way for the candy.
4. Reinforce handle (bungy cord) with cardboard and tape. Create a hole at the top of the piñata for the handle just enough the bungy cord can fit thru. Secure with tape.
5. Now the fun part! Time to decorate! First draw on the piñata your pattern to follow. Cut tissue paper in small squares about 2 inches by 2 inches.
6. Use the pencil, eraser side and place in the middle of a tissue paper. Dip in a glob of glue and place on the piñata in the desired area according to your pattern. Do this for entire piñata.
7. Before securing the open flap be sure to place your piñata candy and party filling favors. Secure the open flap with tape and then cover with tissue paper.
Congrats, You Did It!
Check out these other Pinata Tutorials
Topic: How to Make a Transformers Piñata