How to Make Marshmallow Fondant
What you Need:
– 16 oz. mini marshmallows – Kraft works best
– 7-8 Cups of Confection Sugar
– 4 TBSP of water
– Mixing Bowl
– Mixing Utencil
– food coloring
How to Make:
1. Take your 16 oz. of mini marshmallows and place in a microwaveable mixing bowl. Add 4 TBSP of water and mix around slightly.
2. Place in the Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and mix.
3. Place Bowl back into microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Remove and mix. Continue to repeat until marshmallows are melted completely and no lumps.
4. Slowly add 7-8 cups of confection sugar into the heated marshmallow/water mix as you mix. Continue to mix until it is all mixed well with no lumps or air bubbles. Add additional confection sugar as needed if it is still very sticky.
– If you are adding food coloring take desired amount of marshmallow/water mix and add desired amount of food coloring and then slowly add confection sugar mixing well until non sticky.
5. Add confection sugar to your hands and knead the mix well.
6. Take the amount desired and roll into a circle. Add confection sugar and spread out on your cutting board or place of work/creation area. Take your rolling pin and roll out into a very thin or desired thickness.
7. Place your rolled out fondant on a plate and place into the Freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will allow fondant to set and be more manageable when you go to cut.
That is it! Pretty Simple.
Pictured above is my very very first attempt at playing with fondant. I am no expert but I sure had fun learning how to make it!